- 1 chopped leek (white part only)
- 1 French shallot, chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) butter
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) olive oil
- 1 litre (4 cups) Quebec rutabaga, cubed
- 750 ml (3 cups) chicken stock
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) maple syrup
- 250 ml (1 cup) 15% cream
- 1.2 ml (1/4 tsp.) salt
- 1 pinch salt
- Brown leak and shallot in oil for 2-3 minutes in a skillet over medium heat. Add cubed rutabaga and continue cooking for 3 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil. As soon as mixture starts to boil, reduce heat and simmer for approximately 30 minutes, or until rutabaga is quite soft.
- Puree in food processor, a little at a time, until smooth texture is achieved.
- Return to pot; add maple syrup and cream. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer 2-3 minutes, just to reheat.