- 1 scallion
- 1 small carrot
- 1 leaf red cabbage
- 1 turkey cutlet
- Vegetable oil
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) dried shrimp (rounded spoonful)
- 30 ml (2 tsp.) sesame oil
- 1.2 ml (1/4 tsp.) fish sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) fresh ginger, grated
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) soy sauce
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) honey
- Juice of half lime
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp.) coriander, minced (optional)
- To make Thai Sauce, fry dried shrimp in sesame oil in a work or skillet. Add fish sauce, garlic and ginger, cook stirring for 1-2 minutes.
- Strain. Add the rest of the ingredients. Blend thoroughly. Set aside.
- Parboil vegetables for a few minutes in lemony boiling water until slightly tender. Rinse under cold water. Drain and sponge off excess moisture.
- Flatten turkey cutlet between two sheets of plastic film, using a rolling pin. Stuff cutlet with julienned vegetables, except for scallion of which only tips have been removed. Roll and tie cutlets.
- Over medium-high, heat enough oil in wok or skillet to brown stuffed turkey roll. Fry while sprinkling with Thai Sauce. Slice turkey roll and serve with white rice vermicelli or steamed rice.