- 40 Quebec asparagus spears
- 14 g (1/2 oz.) dried morel mushrooms
- 375 ml (1½ cups) 35% cream
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) salted butter
- Sea salt, to taste
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 8 raffia strings or lengths of butcher's twine
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, blanch the asparagus spears for a few minutes. Drain them and then place them in a bowl of ice water for 4 minutes. Make small bundles of five spears of asparagus and tie them with a strand of raffia or butcher's twine. Place two bundles on each plate.
- Soak the morel mushrooms in a bowl of warm water for at least 20 minutes. Drain and slice the mushrooms. Reduce the cream in a saucepan for fifteen minutes. Add the morels, salt, butter and pepper. Simmer the cream for 3 to 4 minutes more. Pour the warm cream over the asparagus and serve.