- 700 g (1 1/2 lb) of black cod with the skin
- 1 lemon
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) olive oil
- A pinch of sea salt
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) ground poppy seed
- 1 large red onion, sliced into rounds
Preheat oven to 450 ºF (230 ˚C).
- On a cookie sheet or an oven-safe dish, place the cod fillet skin-side down without any oil. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
- While the cod is baking, cook the red onion rounds on a grill, barbecue or a cast iron skillet. Put the cooked onions aside.
- Remove the cod from the oven, cut the fillet into four pieces and season with salt. Add olive oil, a few drops of lemon juice and dust the cod with the ground poppy seed.
- Place a few rounds of the cooked onion on each plate and top with a piece of cod.
Black cod is a sustainably caught fish. This species is not threatened.